Monday, June 18, 2012

In His Own Words: Lamar Miller

After one of last week’s OTA practices, Jesse Agler caught up with Lamar Miller to see how he’s adjusting this summer. Here’s what he had to say:
On his progress
“I think I’ve  come a long way from the rookie mini-camp. During rookie mini-camp I had to get used to the players and tempo. Now, since the veterans came along in the OTA’s, it has been good to learn from some of the veterans such as Reggie Bush, Steve Slaton and Daniel Thomas, who are helping me and the other rookies out during the practice. We are just out there competing and getting better every day.”
On the veteran leaders
“It is always great learning from some of the guys who have been there in the situation when it’s crunch time during a game. I am just learning from some of them and just out there doing whatever to help the team win games.”
On the transition to the NFL
“I’m just getting the playbook down and knowing everything. I’m just being where you are supposed to be at all times. That is pretty much it.”
On his team role
“I think that will be determined later on. I am not sure where they are going to use me at. I am just ready to get on the field and help the team out the best way I can.”
On the praise he received from former coach Al Golden
“I feel it is always a great situation where Coach Golden is telling Jeff Ireland that [praise]. We are just trying to come in and compete. That is something we always did at the University of Miami. Just competing and trying to make our teammates better and play good on Sunday and be the best team we can be.”
On getting to know the fellow rookies
“I’ve talked to the majority of the rookies because we are always together, whether it is the rookie success or outside of football. I have been with Olivier [Vernon] all the time, but I am getting to know some of the other rookies.”
On giving back to the community
“It is always a great feeling to give back to the community because growing up some kids look up to people, and they wish to be in the same shoes you were in. It is always great giving back to the community and teaching the kids some of the things you know.”

Original post found here: http://thefinsiders.com/blog/2012/in-his-own-words-lamar-miller

No comments:

Post a Comment