Tuesday, June 26, 2012

About Me


Hey everyone! I just wanted to let you in on a couple of things about me and where I started the game of football. I've been watching football my whole life, literally, my dad and doctor were both watching a Dan Marino playoff game when my poor mother was giving birth to me!

Anyways, I started playing the game when I was 5 years old. It was for a flag football league which I would end up playing for, for 10 years. My first team that I was on was the Redskins. I never received much playing time, considering all the other kids on the team were six and seven years old. As I became older the more playing time I received.

I first fell in love with the game when I was about nine or ten. This is when I started watching NFL games and became interested in the NFL. Later on, my dad would teach me little by little and tell me his memories of the Miami Dolphins, back when Marino was the quarterback and our offense was an elite group( unlike recent years). When I first started becoming interested with players and stats was when I collected football cards( for the youngsters, this is a great way to learn a lot about the game, such as player names and what kind of statistics are recorded in the game).

Football eventually became an addiction for me. I would play everyday with anyone I could find, like my sister, dad, mom, friends, heck I was even throwing with my 65 year old babysitter. After playing the game for a couple years was when I started to become good at the game. Every year, my team would drive further and further in winning the super bowl of the flag football league. For flag football we had a rating system for how kids would be picked to teams. Every head coach and commissioner of the league would hold a group meeting about a month and half before the season started. Kids were graded on a 1-5 star scale and thats how the coaches drafted. With my hard work and dedication to the game I finally became a 5 star when I was about 10. At this time, my father and I had made great friends with a coach, Ed, and his son, Randy. Along with us came our great friend Zack ( the quarterback of the team). Our team was dominant and actually won back - to - back superbowls together. This was when I really became great at the game.

After my flag football career I ventured over to tackle football, where I met up with my buddy Randy and his dad Ed. We had a pretty good team and made it to the superbowl, although we lost. I was about 15, and this where I drew lest interest in playing the game. Not playing tackle football my whole kind of put me on edge all the time and I never really got used to the pads, and especially the helmets. During my freshman year of high school I played yet again. This time not playing very much at all, which I wasn't used to. Mostly because of injuries and lacking the "want" to play more. I quit after my freshman year and haven't put on the pads since.

Even though I stopped playing football is still my heart and soul, and my bread and butter. I simply love the game to death and that's why I shared all of this with you. I'm here to teach you some tips and tricks to the game and hopefully they'll help you out.

Positions mostly played, categorized by how frequent: Wide receiver, strong safety, corner back, quarterback, amd kick returner.


No comments:

Post a Comment